Bachelor of Arts Sociology Learning Outcomes
- Sociology department seeks to provide the appropriate learning contexts that will enhance students’ basic skill in writing, reading and critical thinking
- Introduce students to a sociological perspective ie to conceptualize and theorize sociologically
- To instruct students to rigorously qualitative and quantitative research methods and recognize the importance of linking method to theory
- To cultivate in students in students an appreciation of how strong academic skills can enhance career opportunities and serve community needs
- To inform students of the importance of personal and professional ethics.
- Evaluate the validity and reliability of data
- Design and Execute a research project
- Write and clear sociological analysis
- Demonstrate the difference between theory and methods
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis
Master of Arts Sociology Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate responsible ethical and professional conduct related to sociological research and in professional life.
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills reflective of sociological styles (e.g. research papers, literature reviews, research proposal, or program evaluations) at the graduate level.
- Demonstrate skills designed to contribute to the development of their discipline or profession at the economic, social and civic policy levels.
- Demonstrate an ability to perform independently, both intellectually and professionally, within sociology at a graduate level.
- Demonstrate an ability to express advanced ideas orally at a graduate level.
- Engage in research, scholarly or creative activity within sociology or make meaningful contributions to field of sociology at a graduate level.