Master of Science in Systems Engineering
Graduates of the Systems Engineering program will:
- Apply the appropriate mathematical, science and engineering techniques to systems engineering problems.
- Identify the proper application of Systems Engineering processes, tools and methodologies to interdisciplinary problems.
- Generate, collect and articulate user needs and requirements for complex systems.
- Define the role of Systems Engineering processes and tools in each phase of a system’s life cycle: from inception through retirement.
- Compare and contrast the impact of engineering solutions and design alternatives in the context of acquisition, environmental, ethical, fiscal, operational, schedule and technological constraints.
- Describe how to plan and manage complex systems engineering projects.
- Outline professional and ethical responsibility in engineering efforts.
- Compare and contrast system and component-level alternatives using appropriate system analysis tools.
- Articulate technically complex ideas and concepts in oral as well as in written format.