Bachelor of Science Clinical Science Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to recall, apply and synthesize knowledge of scientific principles, clinical concepts, pathophysiology, and methodologies in each area of the laboratory.
- Demonstrate the ability to correlate laboratory findings with the pathophysiology displayed.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform clinical diagnostic testing and evaluate outcomes in order to solve problems related to pre-analytical, analytical, and post analytical components of services in each area of the laboratory.
- Demonstrate the ability to use knowledge of research design/practice to evaluate published studies, to create an abstract and proposal, and to address laboratory related advances and innovations.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of management to address laboratory operations, communication, ethics, safety, regulatory and compliance, and professional development
- Demonstrate professionalism in personal conduct by showing the ability to communicate effectively, respect patient rights, culture and privacy, participate as a member of the health care team, and compliance with laboratory standards of practice
- Graduates of the clinical internship program are expected to take and pass the appropriate state and national certification credentialing examinations, to gain employment as certified professionals, to sustain membership in professional organizations, and to participate in continuing learning throughout their careers.