Bachelor of Arts Physical Education Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of and skills in a broad variety of motor skills and fitness activities; apply physical education knowledge to enhance motor skills and fitness in a variety of populations and conditions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills on biological and physical bases of movement and the changes that occur across the life span, within diverse populations, and under a variety of environmental conditions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills on behavioral and psychological bases of movement and the changes that occur across the life span, within diverse populations, and under a variety of environmental conditions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills on how motor skills are acquired and refined; how fitness is achieved and maintained across the life span and within diverse populations.
- Apply critical and creative thinking, writing, reading, oral communication, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and information management skills to movement-related questions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the conditions of safe practice in movement-related contexts across the life span within diverse populations; respond appropriately to common injuries occurring during physical activity.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the computer and other technology to support inquiry and professional practice in movement-related fields.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply measurement instruments and principles for qualitative and quantitative assessment of human performance.
- Demonstrate understanding of the scientific method and other systematic ways of knowing relative to research and scholarship in human movement.