Music Program Learning Outcomes
- Music students acquire the cultural knowledge and the professional skills necessary for a career in music;
- Each music student will demonstrate a broad knowledge of music history and theory;
- Each music student will demonstrate musicianship skills adequate to support the performance and pedagogy of music;
- Students will acquire hands-on experience with current music and media-related technologies;
- Students will demonstrate the skill set needed of music teachers for studios and private and public schools;
- Music students will perform music from the standard repertoire related to their major area of study as soloists and as ensemble members.