- Demonstrate media literacy via the ability to critically analyze the cultural significance and social role of media, making substantive connections between media production, content, and audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and in a critically informed manner in a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct ethical, scholarly research using library databases and reference materials, evaluating the credibility of primary and secondary sources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key theories, concepts, methods and practices from the communications studies field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of media's relationship to power structures, social inequality, political economy, dominant ideologies, and globalization in order to promote equity and justice.