Asian Pacific Studies Learning Outcomes
- Identify the geographies and cultural areas of the Asian Pacific region.
- Explain cultural traditions, histories and sociopolitical issues of the Asian Pacific region.
- Compare the histories and sociocultural traditions of at least two different Asian Pacific countries.
- Describe the immigration histories and contemporary issues of Asian Americans.
- Outline the processes of globalization and how it affects the lives of Asian Pacific populations including Asian Americans.
- Demonstrate analytical, critical thinking and communication skills in written and oral presentations.
- Exhibit computer and information literacy including the skills to use scholarly resources for research and to utilize appropriate computer programs for written and oral presentations.