Students who desire the University to disregard up to three quarters or two semesters of previous undergraduate course work taken at any college or university from all considerations associated with requirements for the baccalaureate degree may submit a petition to the Student Academic Petitions and Appeals Committee. The petition is filed with the Office of Admissions. The circumstances under which previous work might be removed would consist of ALL of the following:
- the student has presented evidence that work completed in the term(s) under consideration is substandard and not representative of present scholastic ability and level of performance; and
- the level of performance represented by the term(s) under consideration was due to extenuating circumstances; and
- there is every evidence that the student would find it necessary to complete additional units in order to raise his/her overall grade point average to a 2.0 level for graduation if the request was not approved; and
- none of the units removed through academic renewal may be used to satisfy graduation requirements.
The committee may provide approval if:
- five years have elapsed since the most recent work to be disregarded was completed; and
- the student has completed 15 semester units at CSU Dominguez Hills with at least a 3.0 grade point average, or 30 semester units with at least a 2.5 grade point average, or 45 semester units with at least a 2.0 grade point average (since the most recent work to be disregarded was completed).
In the case of admission from other colleges where removal of work from degree consideration has occurred such action shall be honored according to the previous college's policy. However, elimination of any work in a term shall reduce by one term the one-year maximum on work that may be disregarded at the college to which the applicant seeks admission.
Upon approval, the Office of Admissions and Records annotates the student's permanent record so that it is readily evident to all users of the record that no work taken during the disregarded quarter(s) or semester(s), even if satisfactory, may apply toward baccalaureate requirements.